Friday, March 12, 2010

First Hike 2010


Tommy smiling without being prompted

The boys having a drink after their hike

We went on our first hike of the year today. We took Bo. I forgot my camera in the car. That was ok because I needed all my hands for Bo and the boys. The path was mostly clear, except for on the hill. The boys had fun walking and climbing on the snow drifts on the side of the path. Trent had fun walking Bo. Bo had fun on the choker...yeah not so much. I had fun trying to find a bathroom, you know, in the middle of the woods with a surprising amount of pedestrians in it....no tree break for me! It was a beautiful day. Cold, but oh so sunny. We have had a lot of sun lately...THANK YOU GOD!!
The spaghetti trail as Charlie would call it, weaves in and out of bunches of trees. At the top of the hill is a little grove with a bubbling brook. It is magical. We love it there. Even covered in snow it is just beautiful. In warmer weather we have sat on large stones and eaten our lunch. I can't wait. Spring is not far off, I can feel it!

See the sun...oh the lovely sun


Daddy and Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment