Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Children

 I am constantly in awe of the children.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank our Heavenly Father for these three little people, exactly these three little people! One of my all time favorite things to do is catching them loving on each other.  It is so sweet, not scripted, pure and loving.  I love the picture above.  Penny perched on top of Charlie's lap having just woke up from a nap and hugging her pink kitty (Uncle Jason and Nicole, this is her FAVORITE animal!!), and looking so peaceful on his lap.  Sure we have moments, on a daily basis!, where the kids are not getting along.  But we also have quiet, loving moments like these everyday too.
 Rituals:  Trent and I go in and check on the boys each night before we go to bed.  I don't know how many times I have stood over their beds and kissed them good night, ruffled their hair and covered  them up again.  They are so sweet and peaceful when they sleep and
 My quiet time buddy:  When Charlie is at school it is Tom, Penny and I.  Penny takes a good long nap in the day time so it is Tom and I for a good chunk of he day.  We amuse ourselves by watchng shows cuddled up on the couch together, taking closeup pictures  ourselves, playing games or taking a nap. This kid cracks me up, I don't know what I am going to do without him next year when he is in full day kindergarten :(
 Little Lady: T.R.O.U.B.L.E, of the sweetest variety.  We need to start preparing now!

 Siblings:  One of the best parts of my day is watching all three of our kids playing together.  Two of them are always together, with the third party getting some one on one time with a parent or some much needed alone time.  But when they all get together they are so fun to watch
 Tradition:  It would only be right if an older brothe shared his favorite show (Yo Gabba Gabba)with a youger sister.  It is so cute to see Tommy taking on the role of big brother with Penny, just like Charlie did with him. 
The kids are doing great!  They are so sweet and funny, all of them.  They keep us on our toes, warm our hearts and make us smile.  They also challange us to be better pearents and to do right by them.  They are true gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment