Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just one of those days

We all have head colds.  Trent and Charlie seem to be on the mend, but Tommy, Penny and myself are dragging.  Not exactly what we need right now. 

Maybe it was the let down that Penny's party and Halloween are over, the fun is done.  Or maybe it is just because I am not feeling good.  But today was just one of those days.

I got Penny ready for bed tonight and thought out loud "Mama, what in the world did you get done today?" (I hope I am not the only mom that talks to herself, perhaps my problems are bigger then we think...just kidding!)  I thought of ALL the things I wanted to get done:

*wash the floors because someone walked through the house with dog poop on their shoe
*clean out from under the kitchen sink because the pipe broke and nasty coffee grind water sprayed everywhere
*take down Halloween decorations inside the house
*go to playdate (I canceled because we are sick)
*do 2 loads of laundry
*cook dinner
*start Thanksgiving book with Tom
*go to grocery store
*make a meal plan

None of that got done, what did get done:
*didn't make dinner but served leftovers, for some reason they LOVED it tonight when last night they couldn't stand it...go figure!
*got all dirty clothes picked up from everyone's rooms and got it ready to go to the basement
*cleaned the mud from the boys' church shoes that they wore at yesterdays family photo shoot
*scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, I could not take things sticking to my feet for ONE.MORE.SECOND
*dropped Trent off at work and had all three kids in the grocery store by 8am to pick up milk and spaghetti sauce for dinner....forgot the spaghetti sauce
*played with Penny for a long time on the floor
*did homework with Charlie
*snuggled with Tommy on the couch and let him graze all morning/afternoon instead of eating "lunch" since he wasn't feeling well
*took an hour nap
*suctioned Penny's poor little nose about 10,000 times, probably more like 8 times, but her screaming and carrying on and all the junk I keep getting out of her makes it feel like 10,000 times!
*made Charlie's lunch for tomorrow


Ok, so my day was certainly not a total wash.  In fact if anything at all I already did three out of the five most important things I should do everyday.  I spent quality time with each my kids.  The night isn't over so I am going to go do my God time and then once the boys are in bed, I am going to snuggle with Honey Trent and probably watch some of his really bad tv.  But that is ok because I love him.

It is all good, it was just one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment