Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Daddy Day 2011

Letters to the Daddy's in my life:

Dear Honey Trent,

       Tommy came crawling into our bed again last night, crying because he missed his Dada.  He snuggled up next to me on your side of the bed, I think he feels closer to you there.  It was sweet, and reminded me of how much that boy loves you. 
    Tommy loves you with an intensity, Charlie loves you with his silliness, Penny loves with her smile and I love you with my entire being.  That is a lot of love!  And you handle it all so well!
     You work all day, long, stressful hours, to come home to two boys who have been wanting you all day.  Their energy can be exhausting, I know, but you rise to the occasion and give hugs and kisses all around.  You make or finish up dinner, you wash the kitchen table, you play trains or race track, you kiss a sweet girls forehead goodnight.  You exercise the dog, you mow the grass with you helper, you wash 20 dirty toes, you help the boy with his reading, you run out for a treat, and you endure one of "my shows" just so we can sit and be together.  You are not only present, but you live our life with such a zest and that rubs off on all of us.
    I pray that our boys will be just like you when they grow up.  I pray that they will be the same kind of Daddy that you are.  Many men are Fathers, but it takes a special man to be a Daddy.  And special you are!
Playing "Knights" with Daddy, their Father's Day present to Trent

  We love you!

Letter to my Daddy on Father's Day.

Dad,
When I was  little girl one of my favorite things to do was go for walks with you back in the quarry.  I often was scared by the snakes that lurked in the crevices of the big rocks and even by the stillness of the woods.  But I was always confident that I would be ok because my Daddy was with me.  You were strong and tall, firm, knowledgeable and kind.
Even today, though I am not such a little girl anymore, I still find that same comfort and security in your love.  And the best part is that now you have 3 more little buddies, to take on walks and teach how to drive John Deere tractors.  I see them building some of the same kind of memories with you that I did when I was little, it warms my heart.
Thanks Daddy for the Godly, real, example of what life can look like when you try your best.  Sometimes life is really hard, but it is a whole lot easier when you let God on your side....I learned that from you!
Love you Dad, you are the best!


Grandpa and the crew

 

No comments:

Post a Comment