Monday, June 28, 2010

Proud

Last week was one of those weeks that my cup ran over with pride for our oldest son. I was amazed at how much he grew up in a span of 7 days. How kind he was, how thoughtful, how well behaved, how much fun he had, how much he learned and soaked in and how willing he was to teach. I was most proud of how brave he was.

He loved Safety Town and learning how to follow the "laws", be safe and have fun!

He went from being scared of sleeping on the top bunk of the boys' new bunk beds, to one night climbing up top, Lovie, kitty and soft pillow in hand and informing me that he was now going to sleep on the bunk. Fear gone, goodbye, see ya later!

He loves to swim but has always been fearful of jumping in, even if someone is going to catch him. His feet never really leave the side of the pool until his body is submersed in the water. Yet, at Grandpa Brian and Grandma Pam's house he, ALL on his own, decided it was high time to jump in the pool, the deep end none the less. He did it over and over again and told me how with each jump he felt his body diving deeper in the water. He LOVED it!!

I am just so proud of him and all that he is learning. He is really facing some big fears, diving right into them and conquering them!! He is such a great kid, and I just love him so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so amazing when you can watch your little one's virtually grow up before your eyes?! A little sad too- but for sure being proud fits in there too! Congrats on all of your son's accomplishments!

    Hello fellow Clevelander and fellow blogger :) Thanks for popping over to my blog, and in turn I get a new blog to add to my reader!

    ReplyDelete