Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby Shower


The brothers


My mom and sister threw us a baby shower to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little lady. It was a great day and we were surrounded by family and friends and could really feel the love! We had family drive in from Michigan, New York, Southern Ohio and from the Akron area. We also had a dear friend visiting from Arizona make it to the shower. And of course, our dearest friends from our area were there to support and love on us.


Aunt Patti had some fun games planned that totally reminded me of all the baby showers that Granny took me to when I was a little girl. My 3rd (?) cousin Marjane made a beautiful white blanket and Nie Nie made an adorable pink tutu for our little lady, I love handmade gifts! Mom made our family famous punch and bought the biggest, pinkest cake I have ever seen! Granted, I only had 2 bites (Uncle Sherman the family doctor gave me permission) but still I think it was the biggest cake I have ever seen!

It was a really nice day. We spent time with Trent's family beforehand and he got to hang out with his Dad, my Dad, Uncle Sherman and the boys while I went to the shower. Then the guys came for cake and we gave Charlie and Tommy there "Big Brother" presents. I wanted them to feel special and that this was as much for them as it was for the baby. They are going to make great big brothers!


My mom and sister accomplished what they set out to do! Celebrate our sweet girl and put enough PINK in our house to ensure that we won't only dress her in the boys hand me downs....ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment