Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Lake, Mother's Day 2009


One of our favorite places to visit as a family is Lake Chautauqua, Ny. Trent grew up on the lake and is now having a great time sharing all of its treasures with the boys and I!

It is also a HUGE bonus that one of our favorite ladies lives within minutes of our watering spot, Grams. Grams is Trent's 94 year old Grandmother, turning 95 this September! She is a wonderful lady and we are all truly blessed to be part of her life! She has had such a positive effect on Trent, on his upbringing, on the man he is today! She will forever hold a dear spot in his heart!


We made our voyage to the lake to spend Mother's Day weekend with Trent's family and to help Gram out on some house projects. Trent, his mom and his brother Jason fixed up the front porch on Grams' house, they did a GREAT job and in a very short period of time!! Of course, the wee Lydic men HAD to help out and even brought their own tools for the job!!

We had a great time and were so happy to spend time with family that we don't get to see often!

And Trent and I had a great time together too! I just love that man!He made Mother's Day very special for me! It wasn't the gift he purchased for me, the card he picked out (even though it was beautiful) but rather the kind thoughfulness he exhibited
.
And as I reflect back on Mother's Day 2009 what stands out in my thoughts is not going to the lake or even spending it with family, even though I had a wonderful time. What stands out is that Mother's Day is not so much a day to "honor" me as the mother of my children but more so to remind myself of how "honored" I am to have BE the mother of these little men..............
Charlie and Tommy, for whatever reason, God choose me to be your mother and HOW grateful I am!! I thank Him everyday for the gifts that He has bestowed upon me, for your health, your life, your hugs! My sweet boys you will forever be imprinted on my soul and in my heart! You make each day sweeter and push me to be better in ALL that I do. I love you Little Kitty and Mr. Monkey! Your Mommy loves you!

Thank you Lord for ALL of your Gifts! Thank you for our children!

1 comment:

  1. OH what a sweet ending to a post filled with so many beautiful memories and photos.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Thank you also for being a part of the tuesday blog party!
    Blessings,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete