Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saved

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. 
It is 12:08am and I can not sleep.
Today is Easter.
We celebrate that our King, our Savior is ALIVE.
He has died for our sins and risen from the dead, so that we can have eternal life.
The boys and I read from their Bible tonight before bed.
It talked how Mary Magdalene and the other ladies 
celebrated and how their hearts leaped for joy
that the tomb was EMPTY and that Jesus
was ALIVE!

That is the feeling I have in my heart tonight.  I want to tell everyone how wonderful
Jesus' promise is.  How he died for all of us.  He took the beatings, the torture,
the pain and agony.  He could of stopped all of it, but he did not.  He endured
it all for me.  For  you.  For all of us.

He is RISEN!

Tonight after I put the boys to bed Charlie called me back in.
I went to him and told him the story of when I was Saved.
I was a little girl, close to his age.
My Granny and I knelt  in her family room and 
I said a simple prayer expressing my love for 
Jesus.  From that day forward He has lived 
in my heart.  I might have strayed from Him
over the years, but He remained faithful to me.

Charlie said he wanted to pray and ask Jesus into his heart.
I told him that he should pray about it and think about it for a few days.
I didn't want him to do it just because we had been talking about 
my experience.  I wanted him to come to that decision on his own.
He insisted, I pushed back again, he insisted and started to climb down of the bed to kneel.
I knew that this was something he wanted to do and I asked if he wanted Daddy to join us.
The three of us held hands there in our master bedroom on Easter Eve.
A young boy proclaiming his love for Jesus.
In that moment Charlie seemed so grown up to me.
He only said a few short meaningful sentences that 
will change his world and have a profound
effect on his life.

My biggest prayer in life is that all the members of our family
are led to the Cross.  That they will choose to experience
the love and peace that is Jesus Christ.
And that He will live forever in their hearts.

Jesus died for us.  He died for you.  He died for me.  He died for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment