Monday, September 19, 2011

The First Week and Missing the boy

 The first week at school has gone better then we all expected.  Tom or Thomas as he introduced himself to his new little friends, he is pure cuteness!, fit right in to his new routine.  The mornings that he is at school literally are a blink of an eye and then he is back at home.  The big news from Prek is usually what snack they had.  They sure know the way to my boys heart!  The rest of the day he is my right hand man, and thoroughly enjoying it!  He is eating up all the attention and one on one time.  The change has been good for him.

  Charlie has done well too.  He aced his first ever spelling test, woot! woot! and his handwriting has improved immensely this week.  He had a bit of homework which he finished in no time at all, and with no complaints!  He also seems much more relaxed,  and his "motor" seems to have settled a bit.  I think the day is long for him though, and he is usually pretty tired when he comes home.  But that makes for good snuggling time with Mama!!!  He has LOVED riding the bus and has had some great teachable moments.  He has had the opportunity to teach others how to be a good friend and our little evangelical even talked to a boy in the bus line about God!  The conversation went something like this:

Charlie:  "God is the BEST!"
Boy in bus line: "No, my Dad is the BEST!"
Charlie: "God made the WHOLE world!  So He is the best!"
Boy in bus line: "My Dad made a world too"
Charlie:  "Your Dad isn't God, so he only made a pretend world.  Like a globe"

Love it!!  I couldn't get out of him how the conversation started between him and the bus line boy.  But it doesn't matter! And what was even cooler what that he connected what he said to the boy about God with the lesson he learned at Sunday school last week. Which was about how we shouldn't keep Jesus to ourselves, but give him away to others so that they will know him too.  He told me all about it at bedtime, sweet boy! I told him that talking to that little boy about God was the greatest thing he did all week and that I was very proud of him.

But I can't help but miss the boy something terrible!  And I am not the only one either!  The day is just too long for all of us.  We are all carrying around Charlie's Lovie during the day, even Penny.  Tommy told me that Lovie was crying for Charlie, then patted Lovie on the head and in the sweetest voice said "it okay Lovie, Charlie love you and be home soon".  Pitter patter my little heart!

And after we dropped Charlie off this morning I hear a little voice from the backseat,
Tom: "Mom, I miss my Charlie"
Me: "I know buddy, I do too.  But he will be home soon"
Tom: "I all alone back here.  I need Charlie to sit with me.  Mom, when you grow up you sit with me back here?"  Too cute!

So the week has gone good.  We are all adjusting.  There have been no tantrums or tears, expect on from me...tears, not tantrums :)  But each day is a bit easier.  And I can tell you that I have never looked more forward to the weekend then I do today!!! I don't want to do anything but all climb in our bed, snuggle up with the boys and stay there all day!

Boys, we are so proud of you!  You guys are doing great at school and we are excited to see all the fun stuff you will learn!!  Love you tons!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment