Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A break

this picture has nothing to do with this entry, i just like it.
I have been out of sorts of late.  Not much of a suprise with all that has been happening around these parts.

  I have decided to give myself a break and stop beating myself up for not having a perfectly clean house, for not doing school downstairs in our school room but rather at the kitchen table or on the couch, for not putting some special design or even writing Happy Birthday on Charlie's chocolate home birthday cake, for having a pile of laundry that actually reaches up to my mid section...really,  for letting the kids watch way too much tv and play far more Mario Kart then I typically would allow, for letting our dog clean up the pieces of granola bar from the floor rather then to pull out the vacuum cleaner, and for typing this as the boys are playing with Charlie's new remote control police car which totally goes against my no blogging while children are awake rule. 

Yes, I think I will give myself a break today and just do whatever it is that my body and mind desire.  In fact I think I will start doing that on a regular basis and stop trying to do things based on the unrealistic expectations I normally have of myself.  You know the ones, the ones that are born from comparing myself to others...yeah, those.

Ahhh....much better :)

1 comment:

  1. OH, do I feel you on this post! Now, this is a real post Beth! Glad you got it out:-) and hope your week was a relaxing, fun one with your sweet family.

    Blessings, hugs and prayers Beth.

    ReplyDelete