Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daily Devotional Psalm 121:5-8

The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
The Lord keps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

I opend my Bible to this verse tonight and thought it was fitting....(let me know if you read this and think that I am writting it for you!) I find great comfort in knowing that I don't have to do this thing called life, alone! That infact I am never alone. There is a loving and watchful Father that is looking over me, always! The Lord is my "protective shade" from life and all that it throws at me and He keeps me from harm. Yes, life happens and things happen that hurt us and that we don't like. However, God is always there, we are NOT alone! I know today, that even when there is great pain, doubt, and worry in my life that all I need to do is look for the joy. Because it IS there, it is everywhere! God wants us to rely on Him, to come to Him and to let Him protect us!

No comments:

Post a Comment